FMHCA is a chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and is the only organization working exclusively for LMHCs in the State of Florida.
Florida mental health COUNSELORS association
2101 Vista Parkway Ste 233 West Palm Beach Florida 33411 (P) 561-228-6129 (E) Office@FLMHCA.org
We invite you to join a local chapter to support your local community. Not sure which local chapter to join? Call us at 561-228-6129
Section 1. Organization of Local Chapters
The Association encourages the development of local Chapters to promote local interest and participation in the profession. New chapters may be accepted by the Board of Directors upon meeting the following criteria:
Section 2. Reports
- The group must consist of at least 12 members
- There may be no more than one FMHCA local Chapter in any given geographical area.
- The Local Chapter will organize in accordance with the Bylaws of FMHCA and develop their own Chapter bylaws to reflect local operations and structure. They will assure that their chapter is in compliance with applicable FMHCA Bylaws concerning local chapters
- All officers of the Local Chapter will be members in good standing of FMHCA
- Charter status is awarded to the Local Chapter by the FMHCA Board of Directors.
- The Local Chapter will be free to conduct its affairs at the local level in compliance with the Bylaws of the Association, an
- Local chapters must present Chapter Bylaws to the FMHCA Board of Directors for approval to become an official Chapter of FMHCA.
- All Chapters officers must be FMHCA members
Section 4. Involuntary Revocation of Chapter
- Standards for charter renewal reflect the sound organization and development necessary for a Local Chapter of FMHCA.
- The Secretary of the FMHCA Board will make recommendations annually to the FMHCA Board of Directors concerning charter renewal for each Local Chapter.
- Standards and Procedures for Charter Renewal will be established by policy in accordance with the Bylaws.
- The Board of Directors will have the power to revoke the charter of a Local Chapter when it is deemed in the best interests of the Association to do so.
- Procedures for revoking the charter of a local chapter will be established by policy.
Section 5. Interest Sections of "Special Interest Groups" ("SIGs")"Special interest Groups" (SIGs) may be organized on a state-wide or local basis to promote professional interests not otherwise included in the organizational structure of FMHCA. A group of FMHCA members interested in establishing an interest section may petition the FMHCA Board of Directors for SIG status. The Board of Directors will adopt policies and procedures relative to formation, governance and funding of SIGs