FMHCA is a chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association, and is the only organization working exclusively for LMHCs in the State of Florida.
Florida mental health COUNSELORS association
2101 Vista Parkway Ste 233 West Palm Beach Florida 33411 (P) 561-228-6129 (E) Office@FLMHCA.org
Description: This course meets State of Florida education requirements for LMHC, LCSW, & LMFT to become credentialed as Qualified Supervisor. This course also meets the Florida Certification Board of Addiction Professionals for Ethics and Professional Development Core Competencies. This dynamic and interactive training will provide you the tools and information that are essential for providing supervision to developing professionals in the field of mental health.
CE Broker Tracking #: 20-922830
This event is sponsored by FMHCA, an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider. FMHCA NBCC Provider# 2058. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. FMHCA is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. This course is approved by the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, LMHC, LMFT, LCSW – FMHCA CE Broker #: 50-748
Scott Jones has been training and teaching for 10 years and owner of New Directions Counseling since 2013. He relies on interaction and uses questions along with group scenarios to guide and train and looks for input from the class. He recently is certified as a Florida Supreme Court Mediator/Arbitrator and is currently supervising 10 interns and has a 100% passing rate of the LMHC exam due to training during the internship. He also gives quarterly LMHC exam group face-to-face meetings in Dr. Phillips which is in Orlando. He is also available for consultation in starting private practice with experience of assisting two other providers with starting their own private practice that continues to grow.
Description: Are some of your clients struggling in relationships? Early childhood attachment ruptures can lead to out of proportion relational responses. Attachment trauma adversely affects adult relationships. Using lecture, video presentation, and practicum, Sandra B Stanford, LMHC will teach the tenets of wounded attachment and healthy attachment. She will enable therapists to discover the power of healing by utilizing the 8 phases of EMDR Therapy which equips clients to find safety in themselves and in connection with others. Sandra will demonstrate intake questions that begin with womb work which can be essential in the healing process. Her dynamic teaching style is engaging which enables a productive and supportive learning environment.
*EMDR Basic Training is required to attend this workshop.
CE Broker Tracking #: 20-919401
General Credits: 13
EC Program Approval Number: #19011-02
EMDRIA Credits: 13
1. Review 8 Phases of EMDR Therapy, the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model and the Three Prong Approach.
2. Describe intake questions to include in Phase 1 History taking to gather pertinent attachment trauma information to determine potential targets.
3. Explain the components of secure attachment and attachment trauma.
4. Define how neglect, rejection, and abuse from attachment trauma interact between the wounded inner child and the adult within to support the conceptualization process in Phase 1 History taking.
5. Demonstrate how to help clients complete the fight/flight or freeze responses in a way that creates lasting empowerment to support Phase 2 preparation to help the client manage affect.
6. Explain and demonstrate inner child guided imagery to help heal the child within to support Phase 2 preparation through recorded demonstration and in practicum.
7. Explain and define the 4 types of attachment styles.
8. Explain and describe how to set up a supportive inner Resource team with a client. Script provided for developing nurturing, wisdom, and protective figures to support Phase 2 preparation through recorded demonstration and in practicum.
9. Demonstrate how to identify potential targets and resources utilizing expressive arts technique for Phase 1 history taking.
10. Explain Window of Tolerance and how it affects the capacity to repair ruptured boundaries to enhance a sense of personal safety in support of Phase 2 Preparation through recorded demonstration and in practicum.
11. Explain and observe elements that comprise Phase 1 history taking through an attachment lens exploring questions that highlight attachment styles through recorded demonstrations.
12. Explain and observe the mechanics of Phases 3-4 Assessment and Desensitization through an AIP and an attachment lens through recorded demonstrations highlighting typical errors that can occur in Phase 3 Assessment.
13. Explain and observe the mechanics of Phases 5-6 Installation and Body Scan through recorded demonstrations.
14. Explain and observe the mechanics of Phase 7 Closure through recorded demonstrations.
15. Explain and observe interventions for healing attachment wounds through recorded demonstrations.
16. Explain and observe the mechanics of Phase 8 Reevaluation of the former target through recorded demonstrations.
About the Presenter:
Sandra B. Stanford, MA works as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor at Charis Counseling. Center’s satellite office in Titusville, FL. Sandra earned her Master’s Degree in Psychological Counseling from Palm Beach Atlantic University. Sandra’s therapeutic style is collaborative in naturewhere her goal is to help clients recognize, define, and achieve growth and healing in their hearts and homes. Sandra and her husband, David, have been married over 30 years and have two adult children, Jonathan and Anna Beth, a son in love, Christopher, grandson Ashton and 2 Airedale grand-dogs Sherlock and Weta. Sandra is certified in EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) which is a powerful psychotherapy approach that has helped an estimated two million people of all ages relieve many types of psychological distress. She is an approved CEU provider for EMDR Therapy. Additionally, Sandra enjoys working with couples and is certified in the Prepare & Enrich program, she is trained in Emotional Intimacy which teaches couples how to connect on a deeper level and has a specialty focus on those couples who desire healing from an affair. Sandra is the founder of Our Marriage Matters and offers faith-based weekend intensive retreats and groups for couples. She is also a Certified Daring Way ™ Facilitator utilizing the work of Brene’ Brown offering one day workshops and processing groups. Sandra is an active member of the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association and the American Association of Christian Counselors.
Description: Attend this workshop & learn how to use Eye Movement Emergence™ & related tools for mental-emotional control, collapse of nonproductive states quickly & access to more positive & empowering desired states with ease. Come learn about how you can utilize tried & proven eye movement patterning, eye accessing cues & eye scanning techniques to make lasting & profound changes perceptually, conceptually & emotionally. Here we will work directly with how you & your clients access information & memories & how you can actually create & generate resourceful representations internally through your sensory channels (VAKOG).
In this workshop, you will be experiencing guided trance & participate in experiential exercises. You will leave with a powerful system to gain more mental & emotional state control & mastery of your own internal processes & representations. These advanced skills & abilities will become essential tools to support you in transforming the way you & your client’s sense & perceive & evolve how they think & feel mentally, emotionally & physically.
With EyePointing™, NeuroPointing™ & EMERGE™ you use “eyepoints” & eye movements to cue & anchor (& collapse) internal representations (visual-auditory-kinesthetic) & transform the way clients express themselves almost instantaneously. With eye accessing & movement as well as eye scanning, clients provide highly valuable information about representations involved in their memories & their unique recall of events or experiences. By identifying the "submodality locations" (location/size/distance/etc.) of the representation (held in mind/brain & projected with Eye Accessing & Movement) we can work with the very structure of the representation to discover & uncover worthwhile information about how this “see-hear-feel” impacts & influences the person (mind-brain-body creations).
Once we have addressed the neuropoints (physiological indicators of response) involved (read-resolved-released its signal value), a natural resolution is expected & issues will likely release, neurally integrating positively. This allows us to clear the "neuropoints & eyepoints” that clients have developed as neural cues or that have led to so-called “problems or issues" that have previously been negatively emotionalized (so-called "traumatic experience/memories”).
1. Learn & Demonstrate ability to use the VAK (Visual-Auditory-Kinesthetic) Model & how to apply with EME™ from the beginning of your work with clients.
2. Learn & Demonstrate ability to use language/predicates (VAK) – including time predicates – more precisely.
3. Demonstrate ability to work with Visual processes – Enhance Visual & Sensory Acuity Skills.
4. Identify Sensory Channels involved & engaging in representations/memory.
5. Demonstrate ability to use the Visual Field to work directly with the elements of representations (Visual-Auditory-Kinesthetic Sensory Modalities & Submodality Features – Size, Location/distance, brightness/color, tone, tactile/sensation/etc.).
6. Demonstrate ability to engage sensory structures successfully in your work with Traumatic Memories & Post-Traumatic Stress to effect desired change.
7. Identify Eye Movement Patterns & Eye Accessing Cues involved in representations & learn how to utilize these cues, movements & patterns to change representations, minimize negative or limiting features & optimize & maximize pleasant features.
8. Use Bilateral Eye Accessing Movement – Left/Right Visual Field (Exercises) to work with past (reconstructed) representations (memories) & future (created) imaginal representations to set goals & insert & seed resources into future situations.
9. Learn to detect & clear EyePoints & NeuroPoints – Moving eyepoints in & out of the visual field, well-forming with them as anchors (NeuroPoints).
10. Use Eye Movement to move the response to a different location in the visual field to interrupt & clear it & reemerge a neutral or Desired Response.
11. Learn EAC (Eye Accessing Cues) – Set Up EAC & Eye Movements with clients.
12. Conduct Submodality (SM) Shifts in the Visual – Auditory – Kinesthetic Sense Channels – Identifying & working with SM Drivers.
13. Learn & Demonstrate How to Ask precise Questions to Elicit & Access Desired Responses with EAC Questioning – Eye Movement.
14. Anchoring & Validating/Testing of Response.
CE Broker Tracking #: 20-919637
Elvis Lester, MA, LMHC, NCC, MAC, AEMT is the Creator & Developer of EME™ & Neurocise®. He is a Licensed Master Trainer of NLP In Hypnosis (Society of NLP), Qualified Supervisor (State of FL), Qualified Teacher of Hypnosis (State of FL) & Licensed Mental Health Counselor (State of FL) who teaches this course personally. For questions related to the course, feel free to contact Elvis Lester at 813-221-5466.